A couple months ago I heard from Sheri at Kidsumers about the Disney Social Media Moms Event. I was so jealous! It seemed like an amazing experience that would influence any blogger in such an amazing way. There were guest speakers on many tops related to being women of influence in the online world. And not only that! It was at Disney! What could be better?
I quickly browsing the site and found out that Disney Social Media Moms was offering ‘On The Road‘ Events coming to New York, Maryland, California and wait for it…..WASHINGTON! No, I don’t actually live in Washington, or even the US, but I do live 15 minutes from the border in Vancouver, BC. I applied to go and was INVITED! It was a dream come true!
According to the website, I can expect
During this delightful half-day event, the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration “On-the-Road” will:
- Highlight a dynamic line-up of motivational speakers, who will empower you to take your business to the next level
- Deliver educational content focused on business growth
- Create an exciting networking forum with influencers in your community
Am I excited? Absolutely. I can’t wait to meet other bloggers and business moms who have similar goals and interests as myself. I am also thrilled with the idea of learning from great people.
I am not sure which speaker I am most excited about, but Mindee the creator of Boogie Wipes, is certainly someone I want to learn from!
What have I done to prepare?
1. Arranged Childcare, not an easy task for this mom of 5! We decided, that since the kids LOVE hotels and Seattle, we would bring them along. We will likely spend some time at The Pacific Science Center or The Seattle Aquarium while we are there.
2. Reserved a hotel. The event in Seattle is being held at Seattle Sheraton, but in order to save some money, I will be staying in Renton at the Holiday Inn Express. We stay at IHG Hotels often, and are always happy with our stay.
3. I arranged to carpool with Mindy from The Inquisitive Mom. She will be staying with family in Everett. I am so excited to meet a fellow mommy blogger!
4. I printed business cards that Katrina designed. Printing through Vista Print is always cheap and easy! Save 25% on Select Products! Below is at what we have done with our cards. I wanted to make sure that we had TOTS info on one side of all the cards, our stats on the back of half of the cards and my other businesses’ info on the other. Depending on who I am sharing them with, I will choose whether they should have our blog stats, or my business info.
5. Pack! I think that is all I have left to do!
There are only two events left with California and Washington coming up next week! Click here for details!
I will be certain to come back and post about my experiences, so stay tuned!
I am curious, have you ever attended a Blogger or Business Mom Event? Share below!