Usually, I share information about a few different social media platforms, but I have seen so much information out about Twitter the past few weeks that I am just sticking with Twitter for this KISSMIF!
KISSMIF stands for Keep It Simple, Social Media is Fun!
I have to admit that I am weak on Twitter since Pinterest is my favorite social media and Facebook is my #2 favorite social media as that is where I participate in different blogging groups. I have heard wonderful success stories of bloggers who use Twitter to grow their following as well as to gain sponsored posts and advertisements.
Here are a few articles that I thought had very helpful tips for how to maximize Twitter:
- Kim Garst from Boom Social has some free downloads all about using Twitter. Even the one called 15 Twitter Ninja Sales Tricks has some good advice that any blogger can use–whether or not you are actually selling a product. You can find her three free downloads at the bottom of her home page HERE. You will get emails after getting her download where she pitches her products that are for sale; however, I enjoy her free information she provides so that does not bother me.
- I loved Twitter Strategy: 10 Tips For Gaining Followers by The SITS Girls.
- Grow Your Twitter Follower Base in 5 Minutes a Day post from Agora Pulse has really great information. Most of the blog post information you can find is in this cool infographic they made, but if you want to read their tips in a paragraph setting with the tips highlighted for you, then you will want to go read their article.
[ctt title=”KISSMIF %25238%253A Tips for Twitter %252B Tools for Twitter” tweet=”KISSMIF #8: Tips for Twitter + Tools for Twitter” coverup=”7Fuda”]
Here are a couple of tools to help you maximize Twitter:
- I used Crowdfire for the first time (finally), and it is super easy to use. Many people may know it by the name “Just Unfollow.” It showed me that I had 446 people I had followed that never followed me back, starting with the oldest twitter accounts first (I could switch it to see the newest first too). It’s easy to minus out the people/companies you no longer want to follow. It also shows you who unfollowed you, who recently followed you (which makes following back easy!), and which of your followers are inactive. There are other great features that you can access from Crowdfire for free. You can download an app for your phone or use Crowdfire on your computer.
- I love using Buffer to schedule Tweets. It is so easy to add a picture to your Tweets, and more! I subscribe to 5MinutesforMom.com’s Become a Better Blogger newsletter. Every Monday they send out an email with blogging tips. This past Monday was a tutorial on how they use Buffer. You can subscribe to their weekly emails and there are links at the bottom of the email to old emails, so you could still access the Buffer tutorial. You can sign up for this email in their sidebar HERE.
- There are many more tools for Twitter such as Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, socialoomph, and Dynamic Tweets.
This next month, I am going to try to be more pro-active tweeting using Buffer, liking and re-Tweeting Tweets, and using Crowdfire. I’ll let you know if I have success! Will any of you join me? Let me know your handle in the comments, and I’ll follow you!