Getting started is as simple as learning How to List Your First Item for Sale on Ebay.
How to List Your First Item for Sale on Ebay
If you have been following along with my eBay series than you have already learned the benefits and disadvantages of selling on eBay, as well as how to sign up for an account.
It is now time to list your first item for sale and I know that you are equal parts nervous and excited, right?
Calm your nerves because I am going to walk you through listing your first item and will even be at the ready in the comments section for any questions you might have.
Log into your eBay account
At the top left hand side of your home screen you should see the word sell. Go ahead and click on that.
Enter Your Item’s Title
Enter what you think would make a good title for your listing.
Don’t worry, you can always go in and edit it.
Make sure to include what the item is, any model # or name, and other details that you would type in if you were searching for this item.
You have a limited amount of characters so use your space wisely.
Fill Out your listing details
- Here you can change the title if you’d like to.
- Next you will choose the condition of your item. Depending on the item you are selling, you may just choose between New and Used, but there are also some other options (which are self-explanatory) to choose from.
- Adding your photos is the next step. This is very important to your listing. If you click on the Add From Your Computer button you can upload photos for your listing. You can either take your photos beforehand and have them ready to go for this part of the listing or you can stop here, take the photos, upload and continue on. You want to make sure your photos are clear and detailed because that is a major player in selling your items. I will get more into this topic in a future post.
- Item specifics are the next listing details to fill in. These vary greatly depending on the item you are listing. I implore you to fill out as much information as you can here. The more information you have, the better your chance of selling the item. Again, there is a whole other post that can be written on this topic alone, so look out for one in the future.
Next you will fill out the details for this item
- I suggest that you add the information you already typed into your title, rewording it, and then type out any other details about the item. The more description, the better here. Think about any questions a potential buyer might have and answer that.
- You may now choose between listing your item as an Auction or Fixed Price listing.
- Each has its own benefits (which can be discussed at great length). But I determine how I will list simply by the demand of the item. If I think it is something very popular, then I listing it as an auction item yields a higher profit. Otherwise, if it is something that will not sell right away, then list it with a Fixed Price. Ebay now suggests whether you should sell Auction or Fixed price and suggested price. This is a great guide for someone just starting out. Another way you can determine the price to list your items is to research the Sold Listings of similar items. I will be sharing a post about this as well in the future.
Lastly, you will choose your shipping
- You can choose to have the buyer pay for shipping or offer free shipping (which I often do). There are several factors that go into choosing your shipping. Most importantly you need the weight of the item you are shipping to determine shipping method. A scale that can measure to the ounce is ideal. And you can enter the items weight into your shipping calculator to get an accurate price.
- Once you decide on the shipping you must make sure you have your Paypal details. And include shipping location, handling time and return policy set up. These are all specific to you.
- You are now ready to hit that List It button and send out your item to millions of potential buyers.
Congratulations, you did it. Learning How to List Your First Item for Sale on Ebay was not so nerve racking after all, now was it?
Tell me how you did.
Or ask me any questions on How to List Your First Item for Sale on Ebay in the comments below.
Need more ebay info? Make sure to check out our posts on How To Set Up an Ebay User Account, Disadvantages of Selling on Ebay, How to Research Prices to List Your Products for on eBay and Benefits of Selling your Products on Ebay.
Readers that found this article useful took advantage of these free eBooks
Free eBook download Biggest Facebook Marketing Mistakes – You are leaving a Ton of money on the table if you make these mistakes.
Facebook – The World’s Biggest And Best Social Relationship Site Just Got EVEN BETTER – And Here’s How You Can Now CASH IN Big Time – Click here to Download.
Free eBook download Twitter Mind Control Secrets for Business – make sure you find out about this breakthrough before your competitors – because if they use this against you – you’re toast!
Twitter Marketing Secrets – Discover How to harness this 18th Century Scientific Breakthrough to This 21st Century Social Media Site and transform your business into a Profit Powerhouse – Click here to Grab Your Copy
Instagram Dominator 5.0 – The Ultimate Guide to building and marketing your business with Instagram – Click here to download
Free eBook download Instagram A New Marketing Frontier – Reap your own reward from this Billion-Dollar Deal.
Free eBook download Linkedin Marketing Mistakes – EXPOSED: The Little Known Business POWERHOUSE Most Folks Think is Only For Job Hunters! Download Your Copy Here.
Transform Your Business with Linkedin – The Biggest Social Marketing Trap of All… How YOU Can Avoid It AND Profit Big Time! Click Here to Grab Your Copy.
Free eBook download Harness The Power of Pinterest – Send more useful referral traffic than Linkedin and Youtube combined.
Mastering Pinterest Marketing – This is probably the fastest, surest way to get tons of targeted traffic you’ll ever find – Click her to Download.
Free eBook download Mastering Google Plus Now – how you can cash in before the fur starts to fly?
Mastering Google Plus Now – Read on to discover how you can ride on the coat tails of this giant to certain victory in the traffic wars STARTING RIGHT NOW… Click Here to Grab Your Copy.
Free eBook download Inevitable Social Media – Social Marketing Myths revealed
Dominate Social Media to expand your business for higher profits – Click here to download