What is Your Website or Blog Grade? And why should you care?
Marketing Grader is a free online tool which grades your website or blog on traffic, leads and analytics.
Finally the best part? It gives you results and tips so you know how to better your score.
Our Score is good; we scored 22/30 on Performance, 30/30 on Mobile, 25/30 on SEO and 10/10 on Security.
Ok so let’s talk about Performance in detail
What is your website or blog grade and why is it important?
Page size is important because the larger the page the slower the page loads.
If you keep your page size below 3MB you will achieve optimal performance.
Page requests is something we have an issue with.
The more HTTP requests your website makes, the slower it runs.
KISSmetrics.com reports that 47% of consumers expect quick load times and 40% will abandon a website that takes longer than 3 seconds to load.
How do I speed up my Site?
First remove any unused images.
If you delete a blog article and have no use for the images then delete these images.
Next you need to reduce the file size for remaining images which reduces the load time and speeds up your site.
How do I reduce my File Size?
We use TinyPNG.
This is a WordPress plugin that you download for FREE.
Below is an actual screenshot of where we began in total file size and what this program saved us in terms of memory size.
A 51.6% savings is good!
Deleted photo’s and compressing the remaining pics on your site requires minimal technical knowledge.
We highly recommend that anyone with a website use this simple hack.
We scored well on this metric.
If your website is not Mobile friendly you are in trouble as your rankings will never perform well.
There are 2 important aspects to creating a good mobile experience for viewers.
- Responsive design is most important and is usually a built-in to the theme you select with your website.
- Viewport is a setting that determines the page width and scale on different devices e.g. Smart Phone, Tablet and Desk Top.
Just take a look at this screenshot showing the “Sessions By Device” breakdown.
The trend is definitely moving towards Mobile. Google reported that in 2016 Mobile searches surpassed Desktop searches.
So first; what the hell is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization is the process or steps to ensure your web site is appealing to the appropriate people and search engines and that people find you when they look for information, products or services that your site wants to be found.
The basics, to make sure your site is found, is to use Yoast’s free wordpress plugin and always ensure you have:
- Page Titles no longer than 70 characters and don’t repeat keywords,
- Meta Description no longer than 300 characters and include keyword you want to rank for,
- Headings and Hierarchy are important as they identify most important information from core content,
- Sitemap is helps Google navigate your site and interpret what is important.
Next is Security
Google is favoring websites in search results that have an SSL Certificate (Appears as HTTPS in your website URL).
This provides a more secure website environment, especially for eCommerce sites.
It also makes visitors more comfortable that you are trustworthy and that your website is authentic.
What is Your Website or Blog Grade? And why should you care?
Once you have used these simple steps to help your website load faster you will notice that your bounce rate decreases and your average number of page views per visit increases.
Sounds simple? It is 🙂
Now the next step is to increase traffic to your Blog or website.
The simplest method is to use Social Media.
CONFIDENTIAL: Internet Marketer Reveals Breakthrough Blogging Tactics That Ensure You’re Using The Latest Techniques To Generate A HUGE Passive Income…
Heads up, because in just a few moments, you’ll be gaining immediate access to my new info-series that shares my private, closely guarded insights into making a passive income through blog platform CMS.
Plus you will receive the bonus eBook Download, “5 Quick Ways To Monetize Your Blog“, which reveals:
- How you can be paid every time one of your site visitors clicks an ad on your site (and it’s not just AdSense either!).
- Two effective ways to promote other people’s products from your site to earn more affiliate commissions than ever.
- Two popular marketplaces that you can search for high paying products to promote from your sites.
- Five niche-related examples of how to market your own products successfully through your site to make more sales.
- How to create a portfolio to showcase your skills, and dress up your site to make it eye-catching to your visitors.
- How to include popular forms of media on your site to attract attention in the right places, and get your message out to more prospects.
- The five key items buyers are looking for, and the secret methods of making money quickly and easily.
- And much more…
Are you disappointed with the trickle of cash you’re making online? That is, if you’re making anything at all! In fact, if you’re still broke after months or years of effort, it’s likely that you’re using outdated blogging methods and tactics.
You need to ditch those tactics fast.
Here’s the thing… blogging has grown by leaps and bounds over the last several years to evolve into a million dollar industry. Savvy internet marketers who know how to take advantage of this platform are making a fortune with minimal effort.
Pay no attention to anyone who says that blogging is hard, or that you need to be a techno wizard to make money blogging… because that couldn’t be further from the truth.
All you need to know are the right tactics to use to create profits. Tactics that can turn your blog into a cash-pulling money-making machine that churns out revenue for you day after day and year after year.
The Right Blog Tactics Can Help You Make More Income Online. Otherwise… You’re Earning Less Than Your True Potential! Grab your Copy Here!
Blogging has become a very popular form of social communication… and a powerful platform for making money online. In part, it’s because Google loves blogs… and you can benefit from FREE Google search engine traffic when you know how to properly set up your blog. Truth is, there’s no quicker way to get your site on Google than with a blog.
What’s was you scores?