This post contains affiliate links from companies that I use to make a real income blogging.
Everyone has been asking me lately how I make money blogging (you can find my Your Modern Family blogging income here). I want to tell you exactly how I do it.
It is hard work, but I am willing to do it because I have real goals that I want to reach.
My financial goals (I am going to make it happen by blogging):
– Pay off the house early
– Have my husband work with me full time
– Pay for our kid’s college educations, in full. (We have four kids)
– Have a hefty savings account (my goal is to have $1,000,000 in the bank)
I schedule my Facebook posts every night before I go to bed (sometimes I forget, but I try to do this). I aim for one every hour from 6:00 am – 12:00 am. Facebook is hard, these days, but I still try.
I pin about 10 pins a day, but my goal is 20.
I tweet a few times a day- I really just tweet when I think about it.
I promote my ebooks & have sales to promote them more (example: 1/2 off)- My affiliates make 50% of each book sale, so they really promote my sales, which is fantastic!
I post every single day. Posting frequently will bring more readers.
If I have a sponsored post, I double up my post for that day because I don’t like to have a low sponsored to non-sponsored ratio, so for every 1 sponsored post, I post 1 non-sponsored post, on the same day.
So, making money…
I make most of my money from sponsored posts.
First- make sure that you are signed up with companies that will pay you to post a blog!
Here are my very favorites…
(You can sign up for these by clicking on the links below)
- Being an affiliate for other bloggers (read more about that here)
- Moms Affiliate
- SPONSORED TWEETS
- IZEA – this one is new, so jump on it now!!
- Social Fabric
- PostJoint (they pay you to guest post on your blog)
- Wendy’s Bloggers
- AFFILIATES for companies- check out this page to see my favorite affiliate programs.
- Clever Girls
- Pollinate Media
- Selling other bloggers books- you make 50% when you sell my books. (most bloggers offer an affiliate percentage & they are worth finding!)
The most important things to remember (follow these links to find other great posts on this site):
1- POST OFTEN
2- PICTURES MATTER
3- PROMOTE YOURSELF & OTHERS