Pinterest has recently announced business accounts for Pinterest users. If you have Pinterest already most likely you have a personal account with your business name and details. Now you can set up an actual business account.
Right now the only advantages to switching is having your web address verified and new options for Pinterest buttons and widgets. I have no doubt there will be many great feature upcoming.
I you want to have a business Pinterest account you do not have to close you current account you can simply convert it.
To convert your personal account into a Pinterest business account follow the 5 steps below.
1. Go to business.pinterest.com. Click on ‘Convert Your Existing Account’ or ‘Join As A Business’.
2. Fill out the information. If you have more than one Pinterest account (like I do) make sure you are logged into the right one. You can tell by looking at the thumbnail in the top right corner.
3. Choose your business type. At this time I do not know if there are advantages to choosing one type over another (like in Facebook) so just pick the option that closest describes your business.
4. Add your website and read over the terms and agreement. Click ‘Accept Terms’ and convert your account.
5. The next part is the trickiest. One of the main advantages (right now) of converting your account is your website address can be verified and added to your main page. If you have access to the server your website is on click on ‘Verify your website’ and follow the prompts.
And you are done. You are now a proud owner of a Pinterest business account.